It is the season where different regions of India experiences heavy rainfall, welcoming the winter season. You don’t forget to remind your children to take raincoats or umbrella, keeping them dry during rainy days. Though getting sick in these seasons are common, recovery always takes some time. So, how to combat those sicknesses prevail in your home sweet home? By following a basic healthy lifestyle will go a long way towards preventing sickness and it is easy to make your child’s body to function optimally. Some symptoms are good for the body to heal naturally but if they persist for more than two days, then consulting a doctor avoids adverse situations. For instance,
• Fever – kills body viruses naturally, making germ-killing proteins in your blood circulate more quickly
• Coughing – clears your breathing passages of thick mucus, carrying those germs to the lungs and the rest of the body
Simple natural remedies that anyone can do at home
1. Drinking hot liquids relieve nasal congestion as well as eliminate dehydration
2. Steamy shower moisturizes nasal passages and helps in relaxation
3. Lying down under a blanket to fight the immune battle
4. Get rid of white foods including grains, milk, sugar, cheese, dairy, sweeteners and more
5. Drinking enough water aids in hydration
Prepare a home-made herbal Tea
Mix 1 tablespoon of cinnamon with 1 tablespoon of honey and prepare a spicy, hot tea. It helps relieve cough and congestion.
Beat the cold and fever faster by following these simple steps in this rainy season!