CBSE Invites Applications For Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022
- Updated on 19 Oct 2022
- CBSE Board
- Samadrita Chakraborty
- 2 mins read
Table of Contents
The horrific rate of female foeticide in India is spine-chilling. The CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) has announced rules regarding parents with a single girl child. They have decided to issue a Single Girl Child Scholarship. This is a further step to promote girl child education. Among the government’s many efforts, this scholarship is a significant one. Besides children, parents benefit from the scholarship.
Under tremendous monetary pressure, parents are often compelled to admit their children to an ordinary school. This scholarship is like a blessing to all those parents wanting their children to attend a dream school. It affects children’s growth in the long run. Let us see what the single girl child scholarship scheme is.
What is The Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme?
Students who are the only girl child of their parents and have scored 60% or above in CBSE 10th standard exams come under the “Single Girl Child Scholarship” program. Also, they can apply for the scholarship if their tuition fees are under 1,500 rupees.
CBSE Single Girl Child scholarship is open to all who fulfil the eligibility criteria. But, the scholarship will be given based on the merit list.
There are some strict rules regarding this scholarship, and they include the following:
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible for this Single Girl Child Scholarship CBSE.
- The student must continue her studies for class XI and XII in the same school that she passed class X from.
- CBSE candidates who passed class X in 2019 are also eligible for this scholarship.
Here is some vital information about the renewal policy of the one girl child scholarship:
- The renewal will happen after one year when the candidate completes her class XI with 50% marks. The limit of marks is essential for the renewal.
- If a scholar changes her course of study in the mid of the year or leaves the course, the continuation of the scholarship will be disrupted.
Mode of Payment & Rate of Scholarship
The eligible candidates will receive 500/- per month, and the mode of payment will be ECS/NEFT.
How to Apply for a Scholarship?
Once you are eligible for the scholarship, collect the form from your school. Then, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Write your bank name along with your account number and IFSC code
- Attest your filled application by the sign of the head of your institution.
- An attested copy of your mark sheet for class X
- A copy of your Aadhar number, if any. The Aadhar card must be linked to your respective bank account
- A copy of your bank passbook/a copy of the cancelled cheque.
A printout copy of the online application form and documents should be sent in an envelope that superscripts, “APPLICATION FOR CBSE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP FOR SGC X”.
Now the application should be sent to the “ASSISTANT SECRETARY (SCHOLARSHIP), CBSE, SHIKSHA KENDRA, 2 COMMUNITY CENTRE, PREET VIHAR, DELHI 110 092”.
Date to Apply
If you are eligible for the scholarship, do not delay! You can apply for the scholarship till 14th November. Apply Here
Six Things Parents Should Consider Before Selecting a CBSE School
Why Does Academic Achievement Matter?