We are going through a tough time. In the clutches of the dreaded coronavirus, the world is looking for some answers. Everything is in standstill now, and we all hope for a new day after such a long, terrible night. As this is a comparatively new virus, taking treatment is of utmost importance. Sometimes, if you are being told, you have to take Quarantine or Self- Isolation as well. Because Coronavirus is deadly, we have to take all the necessary pre-requisites.
The education of children is our biggest focal point in these troubled times. How will they learn if they cannot attend the School? How can they study if there are no alternatives to being taught by a teacher? Will they fritter time like anything by doing nothing? Will they waste time by indulging in too much TV watching, computer-related activities etc? How can we help them in conquering their destiny?
Home Schooling is of the best option as of now. As the name and concept are not much prevalent in India and most of the Eastern world, this is of utmost importance in these times of insecurities. The most important question is how can we home school effectively children during such a time? What kind of resources do we need for this? Can schools also be involved in this process? We need answers.
Orchids the International School, one of the best CBSE schools near me, which has been at the forefront of education for several years, has found out a novel solution for this. We have started our online classes from March 25, 2020, to May 25 2020. As these are not mandatory classes, we have tried our best to make the classes interesting and entertaining for the child. We aim to instil new confidence in children by engaging them in various activities.
Some specialities of the online classes include-:
• We have appropriately named our online classes as the Early starters program as it is aimed at classes from pre-nursery to Grade 2
• The teacher will interact with students in sessions lasting 15minutes as one to one calls
• As one of the top International Schools near me, we have teachers who are having the relevant expertise in the field
• We intend to focus on areas such as literacy, numeracy and speaking skills
• The instruments of communication will be our School App along with the email
• This will keep the student engaged
• The parents can also access additional questions on the lets eduvate website
• The progress will be discussed with parents using follow up calls and discussions can also happen with the child via Zoom call
• To check and analyse the progress of the child, the parents can also upload various documents, such as completed worksheets, audio recordings, videos etc. These will be further reviewed by the teachers
• The aim is to develop cognitive skill sets in children
Children are our new tomorrow. As guardians, as responsible teachers and parents, it is our responsibility to usher them to a glorious future.