Are Online Learning Platforms the Best Choice for You?
- Updated on 15 Nov 2020
- Child Learning
- 4 mins read
The Learning Curve of India
Forbes projects the worldwide market for online learning platforms to be worth $325 Billion in 2025. Online education in India has come a long way with the development of technology, enabled by the availability of high-speed internet and smartphones. The advent of the internet has brought about changes in the way we shop, eat, buy, and even study. Education has now become integrated into technology-driven platforms referred to as EDtech platforms that are helping innumerable people learn the online way.
India sees an immense revolution in the digital landscape that has made its way into the education system and transformed students’ learning. Schools, colleges and even workplaces have acknowledged the multiple benefits of learning via the internet and embraced it wholeheartedly by incorporating it into their curriculums.
What is Online Learning?
It is a digitally supported form of education that relies on Internet support for student and teacher interactions. The online learning format can take an inﬁnite number of approaches to instruct and learn outside of conventional chalk and blackboard classroom way of teaching, away from school grounds.
Anyplace with Internet access and power can be transformed into a virtual classroom. It incorporates sound, video, text, activities, virtual preparing situations, and live classes in real-time with educators and students using different platforms and interfaces. When used to its maximum capacity, online learning for students has been demonstrated to be more successful than the traditional eye to eye guidance in classroom environments. It may very well be connecting with, fun, and custom-made to ﬁt in nearly anybody’s timetable.
How Online Learning Helps Students
The rapid progression of technology and innovation, coupled with the evolution of the methods used to gain knowledge for students, has changed the education system across the globe. From schools, higher education, PhDs, and even certifications, online learning has made it all possible.
Offered by a portion of the world’s highest level foundation, online learning provides all of you the advantages of going to your fantasy college, with the additional comfort of an educational experience customized to your timetable. With courses accessible across different domains and adaptable plans to suit pretty much every way of life, several students are progressively choosing it as a feasible option.
Students aiming for higher education gain a great deal as virtual learning helps eliminate the constraints of distance, allowing them to study a college course, not in their nation of origin but from the comfort of their homes!
Online learning delivers the same amount of mentor criticism, inspiration, and learning objectives as a classroom does. Additionally, instructors pay similar consideration to guarantee that their online learning candidates get related degrees of support that their classroom counterparts do.
Keeping in mind how online learning came in handy amid the present health crisis, the potential solution lies in building a robust and resilient education system by choosing online learning as an alternative option for students. Let us enumerate the several benefits of online learning.
Benefits of Online Learning for Students
- Eliminates the constraints of distance.
- Helps you learn at your own time and pace.
- Is a cost-effective option over the regular on-campus courses.
- Helps you broaden your perspective by opting for courses from different universities.
- Helps you communicate effectively with your peers over electronic mediums in a diverse setup when undertaking courses from foreign universities.
- It is suitable for the environment as it saves energy and also reduces CO2 emissions, according to a British study.
Online Learning Platforms You Can Learn From!
Below are some of the education platforms that have made a mark in the Edtech industry with their splendid solutions for learning from anytime, anywhere:
- BYJU’s: The Bangalore based education platform provides online learning solutions through video lectures from students of class 1 to class 12, and even for competitive exams. The app, launched in 2015, is the largest app that delivers effective learning programs to students panning across varied age groups and subject areas.
- Khan Academy: Khan Academy works on the fundamental that education is a basic human right. To this end, it offers a range of free online courses that integrate instructional videos, a personalized learning dashboard, and even free exercise assignments. This platform entirely focuses on K-12 students, with content in subject matter from algebra to English language education, chemistry, and even history and civics. It allows interested learners to access study materials for standardized tests, including the SAT, ACT, GRE, and a few.
- Whitehat Jr: It is a unique educational platform looking to build the coding basics for children between 6 and 14 years. The startup has created a coding curriculum, including programming for machine learning, artificial intelligence, robotics, and even space technology. The programs are 100% online facility instructed by certified tutors working in remote setups.
- NPTEL: The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) is an online repository of courses initiated in 2003 by the premier Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Guwahati, and Roorkee) along with the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. The platform generates web and video courses in all major branches of engineering, physical sciences, basic sciences, and selected humanities and social sciences subjects at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels and management courses at the graduate level.
- Unacademy: It has leveraged the online academic space by creating content that propagates the concept of online learning for students right from their homes. Also, available as a mobile application, Unacademy has hundreds of educators who are working hard on improving the learning experience for students anywhere, everywhere.
- Coursera: An international leader in online courses, Coursera has tailor-made courses provided by professors and universities all across the globe. While the courses are free for all, you can avail of certification by paying a small price.
- Udemy: Founded in 2010, Udemy is another global online learning platform that is extremely popular among Corporate houses for training their workforce. The platform hosts a variety of courses from clinical research, maths, programming, biotechnology, yoga, photography, and a lot more.
A study conducted by Britain’s Open University found that by implementing online learning for students, they saw an average of 90% less energy consumption. Its benefits extend to the environment as well.
A productive learning setup with substantially more ﬂexibility than a traditional classroom, virtual learning has helped students continue their education even in the present COVID-19 times of social distancing.
Nursery Admission FAQs for Kids and Parents
How to Raise a Strong, Confident Child
“Quality Over Quantity”- The Mantra For New Teaching Methods