Children’s Day: History, Wish, Slogans, and Thoughts
- Updated on 14 Nov 2022
- Days and Festival
- Samadrita Chakraborty
- 1 min read
Table of Contents
Some wise man said that one is not human if one doesn’t love flowers, songs and children. India has always been a country where the future generation has been given special treatment. According to the census of the population, 60% of the Indian population is under 50. This habit of giving importance to the future generation started with our first prime minister, who loved children. Jawaharlal Nehru believed that children are the future of this country, and we need to give more importance to paving their future paths. The nation decided to celebrate a particular day for children with the influential thoughts and opinions of Jawaharlal Nehru.
History of Children’s Day
Jawaharlal Nehru believed that today’s children would make tomorrow’s India. Therefore, they should be given the right to education. “Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan” is also a reflection of his thoughts. He knew that to establish India as a strong nation. There is no alternative to educating its future generation. He did not only believe it but tried his best to implement some fruitful policies. Therefore, after the demise of Jawaharlal Nehru, the Indian Parliament declared 14th November as the Children’s day in India to pay homage to Jawaharlal Nehru on his birthday. Children’s day 2022 falls on a Monday. Though children find a Monday mournful, this Monday is meant for them!
Children’s Day Wishes
Some children’s day wishes are here to cheer your little one up. We often forget how mundane this world would be without the presence of children. So, these wishes are full of positivity.
- “A child can always teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to be always busy with something, and know how to demand with all his might what you want.” – Paulo Coelho.
- “Our children are our greatest treasure. They are our future. Those who abuse them tear at the fabric of our society and weaken our nation.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Every child comes with the message that God is not yet disappointed by man.” – Rabindranath Tagore.
Sometimes, we should discover the child within us before we die. So, this children’s day, use some quotes to wish your friends too:
- You’re never old if you carry your childhood with you. A happy children’s day!
- Keep playing, laughing, and crying. Never let that phase go! These are the most crucial parts of your childhood.
Children’s day comes every year with lots of positivity. This day teaches us that children are our last hope who can save this planet with different plans and perspectives. Nurture the child inside you and let every child grow with their fundamental rights.
National Education Day 2022: Celebration Date, History and Importance
World Students Day 2022: History, Significance, Theme And Quotes