Community Helpers - Orchids
- Helpers are the ones who provide different services and make the lives of people easy.
- These helpers are also called community helpers as they help our community to function more efficiently.
- The helpers provide community services, and in return, they get paid by various service-providing authorities or individual customers.
- Doing household work, repairs, keeping us healthy, maintaining cleanliness, and keeping us safe are some primary responsibilities of the community helpers
Community Helpers for Kids
Why Do Electricians Use Pliers?
- Pliers are essential gripping tools used by electricians.
- These are used to twist or bend and to cut electric wires.
Where Do the People in the Large Cities Get the Milk From?
- Milk tankers bring the milk to the cities from the nearby dairy farms in the villages.
- Such milk is packed hygienically in special containers to send to local markets.
- Milk is also provided by the local milkman, who maintains small dairies individually.
Who Fixes Your Electronic Appliances?
- An electronic repairman fixes the appliance.
What Is Dry Cleaning?
- Dry cleaning is a cleaning process that cleans fabrics without using water.
- Instead of water and detergent, some cleaning solution is used to clean clothes.
- Dry cleaning increases the fabrics' longevity and helps preserve them in good condition.
Who Are Volunteers?
- Volunteers provide services to the community for well-being and smooth functioning.
- They provide free services to us, mainly after hazardous natural disasters or during post-pandemic situations.
What Is the Pruning of Plants? Why Is It Done?
- Pruning stands for cutting the dead twigs and tips of the plants.
- Gardeners prune plants to remove damaged parts or branches of the tree.
- This process helps in the overall growth and development of plants.
Why Do Police Regularly Roam Around Society or Residential Areas at a Particular Time of the Day and Night?
- The police roaming around society every day are called 'police patrolling.'
- Police regularly patrol their vehicles to ensure everything is safe and normal.
- Police patrol any area when any neighbouring family complains about mischief around them.
Health and safety of the community
What Is CPR?
- CPR stands for Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, a life-saving technique used to save patients' lives in various health emergencies.
- This technique comprises chest compressions with artificial ventilation.
- It helps open the respiratory system's airways and retains the heartbeat.
What Is the Emergency Department in a Hospital?
- The hospital emergency department is a dedicated section of every hospital where patients can be admitted at any time of the day.
- In these departments, fast emergency medical care is provided to the patients by experienced doctors.