A Globe map is essential teaching learning material that helps students leaning. Also, they will know about the earth’s continents and get the answers to the questions like what a globe is and what are the seven continents. This content also connects students with the mathematical concept of bar graphs, 3d shapes, 2d shapes, maps and tally marks.
What Is Globe?
Two essential tools used to study the Earth are Globe and Map.
A globe is a miniature model of the earth which shows us its different features on a small scale.
The Globe map was inverted in 1492 AD.
A globe map shows us:
- Shows the exact location
- Shows shapes of different feature
- It gives an idea of the relative size of the land areas and water bodies.
The large water bodies called oceans are shown in blue colour.
Large extensive masses of land on the earth are called continents.
Name the Seven Continents of the World:
|Continent||Area (km2)||Population Density(p/km2)|
|4. North America||21,330,000||28|
|5. South America||17,461,112||25|
The Equator in Globe map:
The earth has two poles:
- North pole
- South pole
The imaginary line which divides the earth into two halves is called the Equator.
Different lines in the globe intersect each other, which helps to mark the position of any land Globe.
Difference Between Globe and Map
There are many differences between the globe and the map. A few of them are discussed below.
- Globe is a three-dimensional sphere, and a map is two-dimensional.
- Globe represents the whole earth, whereas the map represents the whole earth or a part of it.
- Globe provides a broad picture of the world, and maps provide more specific information about the different places of the world.
Vertical Bar Graph
Rubi Read a Book and Saw the Information Table on Seven Continents. Now She Makes a Vertical Bar Graph of Asia, Africa, Europe and Australia According to the Information on Population Density.
a) First, Find the Vertical Bar Graph.
Find the Correct Option for the Questions.
b) According to the Bar Graph, the Name of the Continents With the Most Population Density Is:
c) According to the Bar Graph, the Name of the Continents With the Least Population Density Is:
d) According to the Bar Graph Find, the Number of Differences in Population Density Between Asia and Europe Is:
- The vertical bar graph for the population of the countries is
- According to the bar graph, the continent with the most population density in Asia, with the number 150.
- According to the bar graph, the continent with the least population density in Australia, with the number 5.
- According to the given bar graph
The population density in Asia is 150.
The population density in Europe is 34.
So, the difference is (150 – 34) = 116
So, the correct option is option ii) 116.
The correct option is i) Asia.
The correct option is option iv) Australia.
2-D shapes Question
Rupa Found a Globe in the Store Room. She Finds Some Different Types of Lines Around the Globe.
Find the Types of Lines Present Here.
We know that different lines are present around the globe to locate the place. The lines are
Puja Shows the Position of Continents in a Globe and Uses the Compass to Locate the Position of the Seven Continents on the Globe, Then Find the Answer to the Following Question:
- Asia Is in______________ Direction of Africa.
- Europe Is in___________________ Direction of North America.
- Africa Is in_______________ Direction of Australia.
- South America Is in_____________ Direction of Africa.
- Find the Correct Direction.
Africa Is in ___________
- South of Antarctica
- North of Antarctica
- South Asia
- North of Asia.
- Asia is in the North-East direction of Africa.
- Europe is in the East direction of North America.
- Africa is in the North-West direction of Australia.
- South America is in the South-West direction of Africa.
- From the globe, we have Africa in the North of Antarctica.
The correct option is option ii) North of Antarctica.
Comparing and Ordering Numbers
Soya Read a Book and See the Information Table of Seven Continents.
- Then the Continents, Which Cover the Largest Land on Earth, Are:
- Then the Continents, Which Cover the Least Amount of Land on Earth Are:
a) Asia is the largest continent on the earth and covers 31,033,131 sq km.
The correct option is the option i) Asia.
b) Australia is the smallest continent on the earth, covering 8,486,460 sq km on the ground.
The correct option is option iii) Australia.
3D Shapes Question
Moni Show Some 3D Shapes in Her Mathematics Book As:
And She Tries to Connect With the Shape of a Globe, Which She Learns From Geography Class.
So, in Which 3D Shape Can She Make a Connection With the Globe?
We know that a globe looks like a spherical shape so that she can connect the sphere and the world.
So, the globe looks like a sphere.
Addition and Subtraction of Time
Globe Was Invented in 1492 AD. Sita Read About the History of the Globe. Then Find the How Years Before the Globe Was Invented From the Year 2022.
Globe was invented in 1492 AD
Now the difference in year
2022 AD – 1492 AD
= 530 years
So, 530 years before the globe was invented, from the year 2022
Tally Mark Question
Riju Read About the Seven Continents in His Geography Book and Collect Some Data to Make a Table. The Table Is Given Below:
Now represent the given data in a tally chart.
|Continent||Population Density(p/km2)||Tally Marks|
|North America||28|| |
|South America||25|| |
|Australia/ Oceania||5|| |