Good Health and Well Being
- One can stay happy, healthy, and active if one follows healthy habits regularly.
- Healthy habits and personal hygiene keep us away from diseases.
- Outdoor activities such as exercises and games can make you fit.
- A person who follows the rules in and outside the house stays safe.
- This topic concerns some habits and activities for good health and well-being.
How Yogasana Makes the Body Fit and Healthy?
The benefits of practicing yoga asanas are as follows:
- Yoga helps in meditation and keeps our minds calm and focused.
- Gentle breathing activity revitalizes our system.
- It helps to stretch the body and increases flexibility.
- It boosts the immunity of our body.
How Do We Get To Benefit From Playing Chess?
- Chess is a challenging game that increases our intelligence quotient.
- It helps to increase concentration in a particular activity, making rapid analytical decisions and testing memory.
- Such games also help children in problem-solving.
Why Do We Yawn a Lot Sometimes?
- Yawning promotes deep breathing hence allowing the body the inhale a large amount of oxygen.
- This happens when the body is tired.
How Do We Get Benefitted From Activities Like Swimming and Cycling?
- Cycling and swimming help in the psychomotor development of our body.
- It involves different parts of the body physically, and the mind is engaged while learning the skill.
- We learn to balance and coordinate our physical and mental activities.
What Are Germs?
- Germs are tiny and harmful organisms that cause various contagious diseases.
- These tiny organisms can be seen only through microscopes.
- Germs feed upon the nutrients of our body, and in return, they produce harmful toxins that make us ill.
- Germs can spread via air, water, or touch.
What Is Dust Allergy?
- Our bodies react to various things we get exposed to.
- If anything unwanted enters the body unknowingly, it tries to expel it.
- For Example, when dust particles enter our breathing tubes, we sneeze.
- If the sneezing persists for a longer duration and does not stop without medication, such a situation is considered a dust allergy.
- Similar to specks of dust, other things may lead to such a reaction, such as feathers, pollens, the pungent or strong smell of perfume, etc.
Why Do People in Rural Areas Coat the Walls and Floors of Their Huts With Cow Dung?
- Cow dung contains some bacteria that are harmless to humans but do not allow any microbes to grow on it.
- Cow dung is a disinfectant that keeps away harmful insects and flies.
- This also helps keep the house cool in summer.
Safety Rules for Kids
Which Side of the Road Should We Walk on if There Is No Footpath?
- One can walk on either side of the road if there is a footpath.
- If there is no footpath, one needs to walk on the right side of the road in their direction.
- This way, the person walking can see the vehicles coming toward him.
- If he walks on the left side, the vehicles may cross him with high speed, which can cause fatal accidents.
What Is the First Aid for an Electrical Injury?
- An electrical injury due to electrical shock may cause burns, lack of consciousness, and fits.
- As first aid, we can separate the person from damaging electrical equipment with the help of cardboard or plastic after cutting the supply from the main switch.
- We need to cover the burnt areas with a sterile gauge to treat burn injuries.
- A doctor should be consulted as soon as possible.