Human Body Parts and their functions
- The human body is a complex structure and comprises parts with specific functions to perform.
- The right side of our body is similar to the left side, apart from a few organs specifically located.
- Broadly our body can be divided into the head, neck, hands, torso and legs.
- Our body has five sense organs that help us to see, smell, hear, touch and feel.
- We must take care of our bodies and maintain a healthy lifestyle to avoid diseases.
Parts of Our Body
What Is a Hairline? Name Five Types of Hairlines.
Our scalp hair has an outline on the forehead called a hairline. The five types of hairlines are as follows:
- Widow’s peak
- Bell-shaped hairline
- Low/ high hairline
- Straight hairline
- M-shaped hairline
What Are the Functions of Eyebrows?
- The curved strips of hair above the eye are called eyebrows.
- Eyebrows protect our eyes from water and sweat.
- They also help us communicate through different facial gestures and expressions.
How Many Bones Are There in the Human Body? Does a Newborn Baby Have the Same Number of Bones?
- In total, 206 bones are present in the human body.
- The number of bones in an adult is less than that in a baby.
- A newborn baby has 300 bones, but as the baby grows, those bones fuse; the total count of bones is reduced in adults.
What Is the Function of Teeth, and How Many Teeth Do We Have on the Lower Jaw?
- Teeth are hard and whitish structures that are present inside the mouth cavity.
- The primary function of teeth is to chew and grind food.
- They also provide shape to our faces.
- We have 16 teeth on the lower jaw.
What Is a Joint? Give Examples of Two Types of Joints.
The junctions where two bones meet together are called joints. Joints are essential for the movement and locomotion of the human body.
- Hinge joints-
These joints act like door hinges.
Example: Elbow joint, knee joint.
- Ball and socket joint-
This type of joint is made with two bones. One bone is joined inside the hollow space of another bone.
Example: Shoulder joint.
What Is the Largest Organ of the Human Body?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body.
Which Sense Organ Helps To Balance the Body?
The ear is a sense organ that helps to balance the body.