My Family Essay for Class 2
Students will learn to talk about their own family members. The necessary format to write a description is explained on this page. Make a note of the learning concepts that are necessary to include in the topic of my family essay.
I. How to Write About Your Family?
- Write About Your Parents
- In the first paragraph, begin by mentioning your father and mother’s names, their occupations.
- You can also mention about their daily routine, like when they wake up, what they do the whole day, when they go to the office, when they return, etc.
- Write about your experience with your parents and on the time spent with them, and they way they help you with your studies.
- You can also include their nature towards you, like whether your parents are loving, strict, caring, etc.
- Tell About Your Grand Parents
- Refer to information about your grandparents, like where they are from.
- Additional detail like if your grandmother prepares delicious food for everyone. For some of us, our grandmother also tells us stories. If your grandmother tells stories, then mention it.
- The ways you spent time with your grandparents can be included in your essay.
- Write About Your Siblings
Apart from your parents, the other elders in your family can be mentioned in the essay. They could be grandparents, brothers, sisters, cousins, etc.
We will focus on grandparents, although you can use these points to speak about another adult in the family like your aunt, uncle, etc.
- If you have siblings, introduce them by mentioning their names, the grade they study in, and the names of the schools or colleges if they are still studying. If your sibling is doing a job, state their profession.
- You can also touch upon their daily routine, like when they wake up, what they do the whole day, when they go to the office or school, when they come back, etc.
- Hint at the activities you do with your siblings, like playing, watching television, studying, etc.
No matter how busy your family members are, they always find ways to spend time with their loved ones. Indicate the way you spend time with them. Mention if you go out with them on holidays or weekends or vacations or attend get-togethers.
Many of us have a pet at home whom we love and care for a lot. If you also have a pet at home, touch upon them briefly. Mention its name and how much you love your pet. Also, tell about the the things you do with your pet.
My name is Pooja Mehra. I live in a joint family that consists of my grandparents, parents, younger sister, my pet dog, and myself. My father’s name is Rahul Mehra, and he is a doctor. My mother’s name is Neetu Mehra, and she is a teacher by profession.
They remain very busy most of the time. They leave home at 9 in the morning and come back home by 5 in the evening. They are very hard-working as well. My parents spend a lot of time with all everyone in the family. My grandfather was a lawyer, and my grandmother, a housewife. My grandmother prepares tasty and healthy food for all of us. My younger brother is in class 2. She and I are in the same school. We go to school by bus. I spend a lot of time with my sister.
We play together after coming from school and also watch television once we finish our homework. We also have a little dog named Jack. Jack plays with my sister and me and obeys our commands. All of us often go for outings or trips on holidays and weekends. I am always thankful to have such a loving family.
1. How Are Common Nouns Used to Write About Your Family?
A common noun is the general name of a group of people, place, or thing.
- I have a happy family.
- My father is a doctor, and my mother is a teacher by profession.
2. How Are Proper Nouns Used to Write About Your Family?
A proper noun is the name of a specific person, place, or thing. It is the specific name given to each person, place, animal, or thing.
My father’s name is Ravi Mehra, and he is a doctor.
1. How Is the Pronoun ‘We’ Used to Write a Paragraph About Your Family?
We use pronouns instead of a noun in the sentence so that we don’t have to write the noun again and again.
The pronoun ‘we’ is used in place of the noun in the sentence to talk about more than one person.
We go to school by bus. I spend a lot of time with my sister.
2. How Is the Pronoun ‘She’ Used to Write About Your Family?
The pronoun ‘she’ is used to refer to a female in a sentence.
Here ‘she’ is used to refer to your sister.
My younger sister is studying in class 2. She and I are in the same school.
IV. Action Words
How Are ‘Action Words’ Used to Write About Your Family in English?
Doing words tell us about the action that is done by the noun in the sentence. Doing words are used to write about the actions done by your family.
My younger sister is studying in class 2.
V. Try it Yourself.
Write 10 lines about your family in your notebook.