Snake and Ladder Game
Playing the snakes and ladders game helps students build knowledge about Counting numbers. The snake and ladder board game will allow the students to identify numbers names 1 to 100. Also, this will help students relate the game to the idea of addition and subtraction of numbers near and far.
Snakes and Ladders
Snakes and ladders is a worldwide classic board game. It is believed that this game originated in India.
We need a snakes and ladders board, dice, and counters to play this game. Four players can play this game at a time.
How to Play Snakes and Ladders?
- Before starting the game, decide the order of the players and counters. Then each player will roll a dice according to the order.
- A player can start the game after getting the number 6 on the dice.
- Throw the dice one by one according to the decided order, and follow the numbers on the board to see how to move forward.
- The game's ladders will help you move upwards and go faster. If you reach precisely the number where the bottom of the ladder shows, then you can move your counter to the top. But if you get to the top of the ladder, you don't have to go down. Just stay there and follow the game.
- The snakes in the game bring you down. If you reach precisely the number where the head of the snake shows, you have to move your counter to the tale of the snake. But if you get to the bottom or middle of the snake, you don't have to go down. Just stay there and follow the game.
- If you get 6 on the dice, you will get an extra turn. First, move your counter 6 steps forward and then roll the dice again.
- The first player who reaches the highest number on the board (Number 100)
After getting 6 put your counter on number 6.
If your counter is on number 16 and you rolled a dice, get a number 5 on the dice. Then you have to add the numbers 16 and 5.
16 + 5 = 21 ………… (Count 5 steps forward from the number 16)
Put your counter on the number 21.
There is a ladder on the number 21, and you
must move upward to the number 42.
In this way, the snakes and ladders game is played.
Near and Far
On the Following Board, the Position of the Four Players (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green) Is Given. Also, Given the Number on the Dice Getting by Each Player. Find Out Which Number Each Player Will Reach.
Find Out Who Is the Nearest to the Finishing Number.
On the following board, the position of the four players (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green) is given. Also, given the number on the dice getting by each player. Find out which number each player will reach.
Find out who is the nearest to the finishing number.
Blue counter is on the number 96 and gets the number 1 on the dice. Add the numbers 96 and 1.
96 + 1 = 97 ………. (Count 1 step forward from the number 97)
But there is the head of the snake, which brings down to the number 61.
Green counter is on the number 75 and gets the number 5 on the dice. Add the numbers 75 and 5.
75 + 5 = 80 ………. (Count 5 steps forward from the number 75)
But there is the bottom of the ladder on the number 80. Top of the ladder in on the number 99.
Yellow counter is on the number 69 and gets the number 2 on the dice. Add the numbers 69 and 2.
69 + 2 = 71 ………. (Count 2 steps forward from the number 69)
But there is the bottom of the ladder on the number 71. At the top of the ladder is the number 91.
Red counter is on the number 17 and gets the number 6 on the dice. Add the numbers 17 and 6.
17 + 6 = 23 ………. (Count 6 steps forward from the number 17)
The correct answer is:
Hence, the green counter is nearest to the number 100.
Addition and Subtraction
Nishu, Simmi, Veena, and Payal Are Playing the Snakes and Ladders Game. Using the Above Snakes and Ladders Board, Find the Answer to the Following Questions.
- Nishu, Simmi, Veena, and Payal All Are on the Number 6. On the Next Turn, They Get the Following Number. Find Out the Position of Each One.
- Nishu =
- Simmi =
- Veena =
- Payal =
- Nishu Was in Number 66. After Her Turn, She Reaches the Number 70. How Many Numbers Did She Get on the Dice After Rolling?
- Payal Is on the Number 43. How Many Numbers Does She Want to Climb the Ladder to Reach the Number 84?
- Suppose Simmi Is at the Number 96. How Many Numbers Does She Need to Win the Game?
- Veena Was in Number 58. But After Her Next Turn, She Falls on the Number 16. How Many Numbers Does She Get on the Dice?
Nishu, Simmi, Veena, and Payal are playing the snakes and ladders game. Using the above snakes and ladders board, find the answer to the following questions.
- Nishu, Simmi, Veena, and Payal all are on the number 6. On the next turn, they get the following number. Find out the position of each one.
- Nishu was on number 66. After her turn, she reaches the number 70. How many numbers did she get on the dice after rolling? If Nishu goes 4 steps forward, she will reach number 70. 66 + 4 = 70
- Payal is on the number 43. How many numbers does she want to climb the ladder to reach the number 84?
- If Simmi is at 96, how many numbers does she need to win the game?
- Veena was on the number 58. But after her next turn, she falls on the number 16. How many numbers does she get on the dice?
Add the numbers 6 and 4.
6 + 4 = 10. Nishu will reach number 10.
Add the numbers 6 and 2.
6 + 2 = 8. Simmi will reach number 8. The bottom of the ladder is there on the number 8. Climbing this ladder, Simmi will reach number 31.
Add the numbers 6 and 1.
6 + 1 = 7. Veena will reach to number 10.
Add the numbers 6 and 3.
6 + 3 = 10. Payal will reach to number 9.
After rolling the dice, Nishu got to number 4.
The top of the ladder is on the number 84, and the bottom of the ladder is on the number 46. So, Payal needs to reach the number 46. If she moves 3 steps forward, she will reach number 46. 43 + 3 = 46
Payal wants the number 3 on the dice to reach the number 84.
If Simmi reaches the number 100, she will win the game.
96 + 4 = 100
She has to move 4 steps forward to win the game.
Simmi needs number 4 to win the game.
There is a bottom of the snake on the number 16. The top of this snake is on the number 63.
So, after her next turn, Veena reached 63, and because of that snake, she moved down to the number 16.
If she moves 5 steps forward from the number 58, she reaches 63.
58 + 5 = 63
Veena gets number 5 on the dice.