Solar System for Class 1 Maths
This discussion is about the planets and stars in the solar system and will help the students to relate the concept of ordinal numbers, comparing numbers, etc., in mathematics. Also, it will define how the idea of ascending and descending order is related to the topic.
What Is Solar System
The Sun and the Moon rise in the sky daily, and we can see them with our naked eyes.
There are so many galaxies in space, but we cannot see those galaxies in the sky with the naked eye. The Sun is a star in our galaxy, and the Moon is Earth's natural satellite. Our solar system is a part of the Milky Way galaxy.
The Sun is a star from which we get light. It is very far away from us. The Sun is the biggest object in the solar system. Other objects in our solar system include planets, satellites, comets, dwarf planets and asteroids revolving around the Sun.
How Many Planets Are There in the Solar System
Our solar system has 8 planets, including the Earth. Each planet has a fixed path revolving around the Sun. Let's see the sequence of the planets from the Sun.
All the planets revolve around the Sun in the order shown above.
There is a tricky line to remember the order of the planets.
In that way, you can easily remember the order of the planets.
All planets and the Sun are round in shape, like a ball. The smallest planet is Mercury, and the biggest planet is Jupiter.
Here are the planets by size, from the smallest to the biggest.
Name the Planets Given Below and Tick (✔) the Name of the Planets Which Is 3rd From the Sun.
Earth is in 3rd position from the Sun, and Saturn is the 7th planet from the Sun. The correct answer is:
Write the Name of the Planet Where We Live.
- Write Its Position From the Sun Revolving Around It. ……
- Write Its Position in the Order of Smallest to Biggest Planets.……
Answer 5:We live on the planet Earth.
- Earth revolves around in 3rd position from the Sun.
- Earth is 4th in the order of smallest to biggest planets.
Big and Small
Fill In the Blanks.
- The Biggest Object in the Solar System Is …………….
- The Biggest Planet in the Solar System Is …………….
- The Smallest Planet in the Solar System Is …………….
- The 2nd Smallest Planet in the Solar System Is …………….
- The 2nd Biggest Planet in the Solar System Is …………….
- The biggest object in the solar system is the Sun.
- The biggest planet in the solar system is Jupiter.
- The smallest planet in the solar system is Mercury.
- The 2nd smallest planet in the solar system is Mars.
- The 2nd biggest planet in the solar system is Saturn.
Near and Far
Answer the Following Questions.
- Which Is the Nearest Planet to the Sun?
- Which Is the Farthest Planet From the Sun?
- How Many Planets Are There in Our Solar System?
- Which Are the Two Nearest Planets to the Earth?
- Which is the following farthest planet from the Earth?
- What Is the Shape of All the Planets?
- All Planets Revolve Around the Sun, Then Who Is the Centre of Our Solar System?
i) Earth ii) Mercury iii) Saturn iv) Uranus
i) Mars ii) Saturn iii) Neptune iv) Mercury
i) Neptune ii) Mars iii) Earth iv) Sun
i) Uranus, Neptune ii) Saturn, Venus iii) Venus, Mars iv) Mercury, Jupiter
i) Neptune ii) Mercury iii) Mars iv) Jupiter
i) Square ii) Cube iii) Round iv) Triangle
i) Earth ii) Moon iii) Mars iv) Sun
- ii) Mercury
Mercury is the nearest planet to the Sun.
- iii) Neptune
Neptune is the farthest planet from the Moon.
- i) 8
There are 8 planets in our solar system.
- iv) Sun
The biggest star in our galaxy is the Sun.
- iii) Venus, Mars
The two nearest planets to the Earth are Venus and Mars.
- i) Neptune
The farthest planet from the Earth is Neptune.
- iii) Round
The shape of all the planets is round.
- iv) Sun
The Sun is in the centre of our solar system.
Write the Position of the Following Planets From the Sun and Arrange Them in Ascending Order (Smallest to Biggest Number).
Answer 5:Position of the given planets:
Write the Position of the Following Planets According to the Order of Smallest to Biggest Planets. Arrange Them in Descending Order (Biggest to the Smallest Planet).
The position of the planets according to the list of smallest to the biggest planet is:
Descending order: Biggest to the smallest planet-