Frame Sentences on the Picture for Class 1
Picture comprehension consists of images to make the concepts clear and increase the learning process. Pictures are used to convey more complicated ideas to students.
Students will be taught:
- To frame sentences with the given word clues.
- To build their vocabularies.
Every concept is taught to class 1 English students with the help of examples, illustrations, and concept maps. Once you go through a concept, assess your learning by solving the two printable worksheets given at the end of the page.
Download the ing and picture comprehension worksheet for class 1 and check your answers with the worksheet solutions provided in PDF format.
- A picture composition requires the writer to observe the picture or set of pictures carefully and describe it in the form of a story.
- Questions for picture composition could have a picture and a few word clues. The student is expected to frame a meaningful sentence using them.
In the above example, we can see a picture and two-word clues.
Let’s try to frame a meaningful sentence with them.
Sentence:Cow gives us milk.
Observe the given picture carefully and frame a sentence with the word
Sentence: The students are reading in the classroom.
How to Make a Sentence from a Picture?
- Carefully observe the picture and the word clues.
- Ask questions to yourself and find those answers.
- Look at the characters present in the picture and notice what action they are performing.
- Observe the background or setting of the picture.
- Arrange the observations as points in a logical order. Write simple, meaningful sentences to form a composition.
Observe the picture carefully and gather the information from the picture.
Character- One man
Action- waiting for the bus
Background /setting- bus-stop
Sentence:A man is waiting for a bus at the bus stop.
- Observe the picture carefully, and don’t miss out on any clues. It helps you to frame a sentence.
- A sentence has to be related to the picture. Don’t use words that are not relevant.