2 Digit Number
Here the students will recall the numbers from 0 to 10 and learn 2 digit number. Also, the students will learn about the names of each two-digit number and the uses of two-digit numbers in real life.
In this learning concept, the student will learn about
- 1 to 100 numbers in words
- The Smallest two digit
- The greatest two digit
- The smallest 3-digit number
Each concept is explained to students using examples and illustrations, and a concept map is also given at the end to summarize the whole idea. At the end of the page, two printable Class 1 math worksheets with solutions are attached for the students to practice.
The numbers from 1 to 9 are called single digit numbers.
The numbers from 10 to 99 are called 2-digit numbers.
- The number 10 is written in words as ‘TEN’.
- 10 comes after the greatest 1-digit number 9.
- 10 is the smallest 2-digit number.
- The number 10 plays a very important role in mathematics.
- Usually, we group numbers in 10 to make calculations easy.
We can group 23 matchsticks in 10 as:
2 bundles of 10 matchsticks and 3 individual matchsticks.
It makes the counting easier.
1 to 100 Numbers in Words
- From 11-19 there are different wordings for these numbers.
- Numbers from 13 to 19 are called ‘TEEN’ numbers.
- From 20 onwards, there is some logic in the number names.
- The greatest number 2-digit number is 99.
- The number that comes after 99 is 100.
- 100 is the smallest 3-digit number.
- 100 is written in word as ‘Hundred’ or ‘One-Hundred’.
Question 1:Write the following numbers in words.
56, 89, 13
Question 2:Write the following numbers in numerals.
Ninety-eight, Forty-seven, Thirty-three
Ninety-eight: 98, Forty-seven: 47, Thirty-three: 33
Numbers 1-100 in Real Life
We can see the uses of the numbers from 1 to 100 everywhere in our daily life. Following are some examples: