A calendar is a table showing all the days, weeks, and months of a year.
- The calendar helps us to keep track of the date, day, week, and month.
The calendar for the year 2022 is given below.
To know more about the calendar, we need to revise about days, weeks, months, etc.
- There are 24 hours in a day. A day is also divided into some sections.
- There are 7 days a week. These are:
- There are 365 days in a year.
- A year with 366 days is called a leap year.
- There are 12 months in a year.
- There are 7 months with 31 days, 4 months with 30 days, and 1 month with 28 days (or 29 days) in a year.
|02.||February||28days or 29 days in a leap year|
- There are 6 seasons in a year.
- Winter (December-end, January, mid-February)
- Spring (February-end, March)
- Summer (April, May, June)
- Monsoon (July, August, mid-September)
- Autumn (September-end, October)
- Pre-Winter (November, mid-December)
Writing a Date
To write date from the calendar first we need to know how to look for a date in the calendar. We need to identify the month, year, and date from the calendar.
To write the marked date from the above picture, we need to know the format first. For the format, we use DD, MM, YYYY. Look at the table for details.
|DD||Dates||It can be any number between 01- 31|
|MM||Months||It can be any number between 01- 12|
|YYYY||Years||It is a four-digit number|
There are two types of formats of writing dates.
Let us explain it with an example.
The Independence Day of India is 15th August 1947.
So, August is the 8th month of the year.
Hence, the date will be written as 15-08-1947 in DD-MM-YYYY format and in MM-DD-YYYY format it will be written as 08-15-1947.