Story Sequence for Class 3 English
One of the important skills to master while writing a story is the art of sequencing ideas together. A story sequence is a vital aspect of story writing as sequencing narrate something that happened in the past logically so that readers can follow it.
From this learning concept, students will learn the
- Sequence to be followed in a story with lucid examples.
- Features of that make a good story.
All learning concepts covered here have been created with grade specific information along with illustrations, mind maps, and descriptive charts. Class 3 students can evaluate their understanding by trying to resolve the duple PDF story sequencing worksheets. Besides that, the solutions to these worksheets are also available in PDF format.
- Every story follows a sequence. Story sequencing is a process to identify the parts of a story- beginning, middle and an end.
- Sequencing of a story helps to understand what you read.
Let us have a look at the sequence followed for a story.
- Read the title of the story and the author’s name.
- Follow the given format of the story:
Story Title: Washing the Car
A man sees his car covered in mud. He was puzzled to see how it happened. He asked a passerby if he saw anybody dirtying his car. The passerby informed that another car was speeding that way and crossed a muddy puddle.
The man decided to clean the car. The man washed the muddy car with a soap and a sponge. He then cleaned it with clear water. The car is clean for the next drive.
- Sequencing of a story can be done through transition words also. First, Next, then , last and finally are the transition words that can be used to show story sequencing. Use key details from the text to put a story in order.
Not following the order for writing a story. As per the above example let us place it accordingly.
What happened first? (Beginning)
A man sees his car covered in mud. He was puzzled to see how it happened.
What happened next? (Middle)
He asked a passerby if he saw anybody dirtying his car. The passerby informed that another car was speeding that way and crossed a muddy puddle.
What happened then?
The man decided to clean the car.
What happened finally? (End)
The man washed the muddy car with a soap and a sponge. He then cleaned it with clear water.
Let us have a look at the mind map below to understand it better.