Halves and Quarter
If a whole thing is divided into two equal parts, then each part is called half.
Halves of Geometrical Shapes
- Some geometrical shapes have equal halves.
- Every geometrical shape cannot be divided into equal halves.
Halves of a collection:
Halves also represent two equal parts of a collection.
Here is a collection of animals given below who can fly.
In this collection of animals, half are birds and another half are butterflies.
- If a whole thing is divided into four equal parts, then each part is called a quarter.
- The plural form of the quarter is called quarters.
If a whole thing is divided into four equal parts, then the three parts are called three quarters.
Quarters and Three-Quarters of geometrical Shapes:
- Every geometrical shape can not be divided into quarters or three quarters.
- Here some examples of geometrical shapes are given which can be divided into quarters and three quarters.
Quarters of a collection:
Quarters also represent four equal parts of a collection.
Here is a collection of flowers given below.
In the collection of flowers, three are violet flowers, three are pink, three are blue, etc.
Relation Between Halves and Quarters
- Two halves are equal to a whole.
- Two quarters are equal two a half.
- Four quarters equal to a whole.