Clerihews are funny poems you write about specific people who are popular or celebrities.
Clerihew has simple rules to follow:
- They are four lines long.
- The first and second lines rhyme with each other and the third and fourth lines line with each other.
- The first line name a person and the second line ends with something that rhymes with the name of the person.
- It should be funny
- You don’t have to limit yourself while writing poems about the people whom you are familiar with.
- Clerihews are short and biographical in nature. It is a kind-hearted humorous poem.
Did You Know?
How to Write a Clerihew?
Start with writing about yourself first.
- Clerihews are short, easy to write and can be about any person or character real or not
- It can about animal , cartoons or anyone else .
This comic poetic style is extremely quick to read.
You can write clerihew about your favorite star, your best friend or pet.
George Washington was a great guy
Who could not tell a lie .
As the first president of the united states
He rarely had times to take his wife and dinner dates.
- Remember that clerihews are meant to be amusing. While writing your poems, consider others’ feelings and don’t write anything that could hurt someone’s feelings or make them disturbed.
- Your clerihew poems must be precise and should have only related statements. Do not lie or cook up stories.