3D Shapes for Class 4 Math
The 3D shapes are called those shapes which have three dimensions, namely height, depth, and width. Here students will learn the 3D shape’s names and 3d shapes in real-life examples.
In this learning concept, the students will also learn to
- Classify examples of 3d shapes.
- Define what are 3d shapes
- Identify the 3d shapes names.
Each concept is explained to class 4 maths students using illustrations, examples, and mind maps. Students can assess their learning by solving the two printable worksheets given at the page’s end.
Download the 3d shapes worksheet for class 4 and check the solutions to the 3d shapes questions for class 4 provided in PDF format.
3D Shapes Real Life Examples:
Do you play with the magic cube? Can you solve it?
Let us learn the shape of the magic cube.
What Are 3d Shapes?
It is a three-dimensional shape. A three dimensional shapes is a geometric shape which has three dimensions namely- length, breadth and height.
Examples of 3D Shapes:
- Cube:It is a 3-dimension figure with six faces. Each face is a square. It has 12 edges and 8 vertices.
- Cuboid:It is a 3-dimensional figure with six faces. Each face is a rectangle. It has 12 edges and 8 vertices.
- Cylinder:It is a 3-dimensional figure with a curved side and circular top and base. It has 0 edges and 0 vertex.
- Cone:It is a 3-dimensional figure with a circular base. It has two faces, one edge and one vertex.
- Sphere:It is a 3-dimensional round figure. It has 1 face and no vertex no edge.
Faces:A face is a flat surface.
Edges:An edge is the line where two faces meet.
Vertex:A vertex is a corner (point) where two edges meet.