2D Shapes for Class 4 Math
The 2D shapes are those with two dimensions, namely height and width. Here students will learn what 2d shapes and 2d shapes images are.
In this learning concept, the students will also learn to:
- Classify the 2d geometric shapes.
- Define the examples of 2d shapes.
- Identify the 2d shapes images.
Each concept is explained to class 4 maths students using illustrations, examples, and mind maps. Students can assess their learning by solving the two printable worksheets given at the page’s end.
Download the 2d shapes worksheet for class 4 and check the solutions to the 2d shapes questions for class 4 provided in PDF format.
What Are 2D Shapes?
Did you notice that every object around you is of some shape? Some shapes are closed where as some are open.
Did you observe the difference between two shapes?
- Open: Have space in between
- Closed: No gaps in between
A shape is called a two-dimensional shape if it has only two dimensions: length and breadth.
2D Geometric Shapes:
- Circle:It is a closed round figure. It has no lines.
- Triangle:It is a three-sided figure. It is made by joining three straight lines.
- Square:It is a four-sided figure. It is made by joining four straight lines.
- Rectangle:It is also a four-sided figure.
- Pentagon:It is five-sided figure. It is made by joining five straight lines.
- Hexagon:It is a five-sided figure. It is made by joining five straight lines.
- Heptagon:It is a seven-sided figure. It is made by joining seven straight lines.
- Octagon:It is an eight-sided figure. It is made by joining eight straight lines.
- Nonagon:It is a nine-sided figure. It is made by joining nine straight lines.
- Decagon:It is a ten-sided figure. It is made by joining ten straight lines.
Did you know?
A figure which has 4 sides is called quadrilateral.
Examples of 2D Shapes:
A figure which has 3 or more sides is called polygon.