Descriptive Writing Skills
Concept: Write a Biography
- A biography entails the life and achievements of someone.
- It should have all relevant information about the person, like his/her name, residence, educational background, profession, activities, lifestyle, and other significant details.
- We can get to know the person’s physical attributes and about his work, and habits.
- It is always written by somebody who knows the person or researched/studied him in detail or takes into account the most relevant information about him.
- It also includes several statistical facts and certain areas of the life of the person.
With the help of the given clues, write a bio sketch on Rabindranath Tagore in not more than 80-100 words:
Important Points to Remember While Writing a Biography
How to Write a Biography?
In order to write a good biography, there are a few points that you'll need to include about the person you are writing. Below are those points:
- Do not be in hurry while researching about the person. Research well before you start writing the biography. If you don’t do that you might end up giving wrong information.
- Always use the third person. Don’t use the first or second-person pronouns while writing a biography.
He could not
continue his studies in law.
You could not continue his studies in law.