Search
Doubt
Call us on
Email us at
Menubar
ORCHIDS The International School

About Ocean

More than 70% of our planet’s surface is covered with water. The world’s ocean is the Indian Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and the Arctic Ocean. But in reality, these four oceans are part of a single water body. More than 94% of life forms on earth are aquatic. Most living beings can’t survive without water. Scientists explore only 5% of the ocean remaining 95% is in mystery. Scientists research the oceanic depths.

The maximum depth of the ocean is 11000 m on average.

They have divided the ocean depths into different parts.

Ocean Zones:

Different parts Alternative Name Length
The Sunlight Zone Epipelagic Zone Sea level to 200 m
The Twilight Zone Mesopelagic Zone 200 m to 1000 m
The Midnight Zone Bathypelagic Zone 1000 m to 4000 m
The Abyss Abyssopelagic Zone 4000 m to 6000 m
The Trenches Hadal Zone 6000 m to 11000 m

Scuba Diver usually hunts at the depth of 20m - 40m.
Whale Shark drive usually at the depth of 70 m.
Deepest free drive has record at the deoth of 234 m.
Blue whale, the largest animal in the world usually hunts at the depth of 500 m.

Sunmarine Volcano drive at the depth of 1100m.
Titanice rests at the depth of 3800 m.
Director James Cameron reached at the depth 10,898m.
After those scientists sent Challenger Deep for research at the depth of 10,927 m.

Admissions open for 2024-2025
Admission Enquiry
Enquire Now

| K12 Techno Services ®

ORCHIDS - The International School | Terms | Privacy Policy | Cancellation